Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Time for am update

My Computer for some time now has told me it's time to update my op system. Things won't work correctly, we will not support, etc. etc. So to day I'm taking my good ol' Dell to my computer guru to install much needed improvements. I should just go out and buy a new computer. Goodness knows with all the overtime I've been working (50 hours +) I can afford it! I suppose I could still use my tablet for post, but it's kind of klunky to use for blogger. I my be back online in a day or two.

5 comments:

  1. man, those work hours are gonna kill ya! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the computer is more than 5 years old, buy a new one. You'll LOVE it. It's not worth pouring money into an old machine, and Windows 7 (DON'T GET 8!!!) works well only on newer hardware. And 8 sucks.

    Go to tigerdirect.com, or newegg.com and get a new machine. You can get state of the art for under $700 for a desktop or laptop! You'll be glad you did. Make sure it supports Win7.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. We wait patiently for your return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to agree with Jay. I always hated to upgrade because some programs worked well, but others not at all. Mr. Gates can be tricky that way. I have finally moved on to Mac. Best move I ever made. Good luck to you. Hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Randy,
    First thing, get rid of that Dell computer. I've had three of them and all three have crashed, the last two practically brand new. Also get away from the Windows based operating system and go with Apple computers. Don't be a slave to Mr. Softee and the the always present threat of a virus and constant upgrades that all too often screw up your computer. Take my advice and you won't be disappointed. Staying with a Windows based computer and especially Dell is like depending on Sysco foods for fine dining. It's food but it's lousy.
    Ron

    ReplyDelete