Friday, May 30, 2014

A Pic A Month in May?

I know that a lot of bloggers are doing a-pic-a-day-in-May. It seems all I can do in one picture in May. seeing how my last blog post was 3 almost 4 weeks ago. I guess the best I can describe is I've been in a blue funk for the past 6-7 weeks. As Ron (Retired in Delaware) would say my black dog is back. I've just a lack of energy and not really interested in doing anything. Work has been more of a downer these past few weeks. I've been given what we used to call in the military a s#!t detail, and it's going to be mine for the next 14 months at least. The powers that be won't hire and train someone else to do it, and since I used to have that position ( 10 years ago) it's mine again. I would really like to go back to school and train for something better. but with working 10 hour days M-F and 6 hours on Sat. It doesn't leave much time for classes, studying and more importantly sleep. I'm thinking time management will have to be my main goal. But I'm just now starting to adjust my mental state and things are turning around. A friend and I from work have a out of town expectation Saturday to the big city of Lexington,NE, it's a Ham radio flea market, and it's being held at the military museum. Maybe if I ask real nice they will let me drive their M-715 jeep pick-up truck. When I was overseas 30 years ago I drove one, at the time I hated it. The vehicle has no power steering, no power brakes, driving the thing was physically and mentally exhausting. So tomorrow should be fun. I've got lots to say just need to get around to it. Also for my last pic in May, I found a couple of comics I thought were funny. Could someone give Dr. Spo a heads up? I think they're just up his alley if he hasn't seen them. More when I return! Randy.

12 comments:

  1. bwhahahahaha on the cartoons!

    sweet mother of pearl, WTF are you doing that makes you work almost 70 hours/week? that's insane! you have no "me time" there!

    {{{{{hugs}}}}} honey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you AM, I know this too shall pass. I have a new saying " My job pays for the two habits I've come to enjoy, Eating and sleeping indoors." and an occasional day trip out-of-town. Smooches to you! (by the way no more Saturdays)

      Delete
  2. Oh good grief! 56 hours a week?! That's nuts! But I'll bet the OT will be nice on the check! I wondered where you'd been, and I'm sorry you've not felt good. Please remember, I'm an email or text or GChat away!

    The hamfest sounds great. I've not been to one since Frostfest, and right now have little desire. Guess my ham radio dog is black at the moment.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jay, Yeah I've too many things coming at me at once. I just need to prioritize and manage time better. I'll figure it out!

      Delete
  3. It is good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David, I never got around to say, but it was very nice to meet you and your spouse in Lewes,DE last March. Hope we can do it again next year!

      Delete
  4. Good to hear from you Randy! Welcome back. LIke Jay said "Good grief!" I was going to send the sled dogs after you. We all miss you Randy.
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my ups and downs, this time it's on the down hill slide. But things are starting to take an up turn. Even if you don't hear from me every day, I still think about my friends I met back in Lewes everyday.

      Delete
  5. Yes. Things can suck, sometimes. Just don't lose your sense of humor. You'll get through it. Just write anything when you can. We'll be around checking in on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comments. I'm doing better, but good grief! I know you have somethings going on in your life which makes mine look trivial. Hope you're getting better sooner than later.

      Delete
  6. psychiatry jokes are always jolly good fun; after all, laughter is the best medicine !

    ReplyDelete
  7. For what it's worth, I went from early April to mid May without posting for similar reasons. No fun until it passes

    ReplyDelete